30 Day Discipline Challenge



"it's the things you give attention to that flourish." 
(a thought that came to my mind and i've been meditating on for the past 2 weeks)

If you are a a follower of this blog you'd have noticed that we have been a bit awol! Between the house move and other things it's just been unbelievably hectic. However, I also couldn't believe that I went for almost 2 months without updating this, which is meant to be our little diary! So much has happened over the summer that is worthy of keeping on record! Apart from that I have ideas swimming around my head for different projects to the point where I sometimes feel I might explode! So......last week, I got frustrated enough to decide that I needed to get some discipline back in my life! I say back....not really sure I've ever really been that disciplined, haha! However, now I know that without discipline and routine I will never achieve the things I want to achieve!



an old pic - dropped in because that outfit makes me happy!

I decided to google "30 Day discipline challenge" in the hope that I would get a lot of different ideas. In the end only one thing came up, and it seemed to be aimed at men of a particular demographic: young, single, body conscious etc...  I read up on it & decided that actually this might just be the sort of challenge I need! Having looked at the 12 areas I needed to discipline myself in, all bar one were relevant. I decided to get the workbook & get myself started! Deciding when to start is always tricky, the book says "Start Now!", but I tried to do the 1st of the 100 pushups and realised it wasn't happening! Something creaked and I could swear I saw a puff of dust where my bones have not known such exertion in so long.

So below are my main areas for my 30 Day Challenge:

1. Wake up daily by 5am - this will be painful, but I know it's necessary. I can never get anything of my own done whilst the kids are running around!

2. Exercise - the author requires 100 push ups, sit ups and body squats. As I could barely manage 1, I have joined the gym. I will be doing a class a day / swimming some lengths in the pool & building up to a reasonable amount over the 30 days. I'll see how many push ups etc I can manage by the end of it all! Haha!

3. Everyday my answers to questions must be yes / no.  No excuses or explanations. This is big for me as I am a waffler. I love to elaborate. In interviews I can normally see the interviewer wandering off mentally & planning their dinner for that night as I digress during an answer! Yes / No. Done.

4. Everyday do something to further my big goal. Self explanatory. Just get on with it!

Oh and there's something in there about taking a cold shower everyday for 30 days. We'll see about that. Maybe if someone sponsors me....hahah! There are 8 other areas, one doesn't apply to me so I'll substitute it.  You can check out the discipline challenge here. (I am not promoting this workbook for any financial gain on my part. simply sharing what i found online!)

In the meantime, we'll be filling in the gaps with regards to what we've been up to all summer! So, here it goes! I am starting on Monday 14th September and will complete it on 13th October. Let's see how it goes -eeeeeek!!!

xoxo

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I think I should join you. Not necessarily at the gym as that'd look a bit like stalking but in spirit with yoga done at home... And maybe 6am start? I could work my way up earlier by 5 mins a week?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please do! Lol re-gym! No problem at all - it's all about the discipline of being active everyday. I think waking up at 6 is fine & working your way up. Ultimately, we'll be somewhere better & more productive that we are at now! And that's the key :)

      Delete